East Windsor High School Mission Statement
East Windsor High School is a learning community composed of students, parents, faculty, support staff, and administrators who are in a partnership with caregivers and the community at large. This diverse and changing community will provide a safe and secure learning environment that promotes lifelong learning for all students. East Windsor High School will facilitate academic achievement and acquisition of knowledge and skills for future endeavors and develop an appreciation of the arts. Students will respect themselves and others, lead healthy lifestyles, and become responsible citizens, problem solvers, and effective communicators while making positive contributions to society.
If you would understand anything, observe its beginning and its development."
This full year course is an exploration of the physical and human geographic features that make up the world in which we live. Students will research the events of human development from prehistoric to modern times, emphasizing the role geography played in shaping the course of history. Students will use this information to develop solutions to today’s global problems.
- To further develop your understanding of global systems and how they affect you
- To expose you to regions of the world you may not be familiar with
- To instill an appreciation for other people and cultures
- To familiarize you with global geography and to emphasize the importance of the global community
- To develop your knowledge of related vocabulary and geographic terminology
World Geography Today, Holt Rinehart and Winston